Earth Day Inspirations

Can Meditation Save the World? 


Some people dismiss meditation as “contemplating one’s navel.” Others feel it is a self-indulgent luxury for the privileged. Could it be possible, however, that meditation could be one of the most important things human beings can do to help create a more compassionate, fair-minded and enlightened society?

Have you ever had questions such as:

  • Is meditation really time well-spent when there seems to be so many other urgent actions calling my attention?
  • What is the relationship between cultivating deeper awareness and refined (‘enlightened’) action in the world?
  • What is the real purpose of meditation?
  • How does meditation help me to break out of my old (no longer useful) habits of thinking and acting?
  • What does “letting things be” have to do with being an agent for positive change?
If not, then I hope that I have well stimulated your mind, opened your heart, and inspired new insights about doing your inner work, meditation, and the future of our planet.

I encourage you to be engaged in right action today— at this moment in history when the personal growth and environmental movements are well past their infancy. 

We live in exciting times. Times where “doing nothing” may be one of the most important skills we need to master if we wish to be of service to the world.
I hope to do 'nothing' with you soon in one of my classes.


Please join me Monday mornings and Wednesday nights. See calendar page for the dates. www.MeditationFromTheHeart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment