Benefits of Meditation - Personal Experience

It is hard to describe Sum Faht Meditation in exact detail because it taps into what is needed in the moment and produces different results every time for every individual. Overall the results are for the good and for the betterment of the person. Any meditation practice helps one to pause, look inside and listen. Answers are always there.
Meditation from the Heart


In my style of Meditation I teach with a variety of tools to help people handle their life in an easier, lighter, more fun or pleasant way. A good meditation practice has many ‘aha’ moments. These come with delights from the new understandings. There is not a “One step to Heaven” enlightenment in Sum Faht practice, but a beautiful journey with many benefits along the way.


What are the benefits of meditation? Like my son likes to say, “You gotta do it to know it.” There is an inexplicable, feel-able connection to yourself and to your higher self to know what you want or don’t want in life. It is nice to take the time to sit quietly especially when you do it with personal reverence. Meditation builds compassion for yourself and others. It also builds a strong connection with Nature - seeing the beauty of the divine in all things great and small.


Yes, there are the recurring basics within the Sum Faht Meditation Practice. For example: Sitting Meditation, Standing Meditation, Walking Meditation, Guided Movements (moving meditation), Learnings of Healing, and Mudra Meditations (which are hand positions.) We also work with intuition and with Nature.


Recently I heard the sublime song by Bobby McFerrin called Discipline. It reminds me a bit about peoples struggle to do the things that are ultimately good for them.
“No discipline seems pleasant
at the time but painful.
Later on, however, it produces
A harvest of righteousness and peace
For those who have been trained by it.
No discipline seems pleasant
at the time but painful.”


I find that through discipline comes freedom.


At the very beginning of my Sum Faht Path I found the strength to rid myself of a very toxic relationship and find a new one with Henry. It helped the both of us to remain sane and vital as our new journey together brought us through most all of the major stressors in life at once: New relationship, marriage, moving from west coast to east coast, new job for Henry and total career change from Interior Designer to mother of three for me, bankruptcy and moving back to the west coast (all in one year.)


I was always proactive with my children’s health. If they felt something coming on I would ‘work on them’ and poof 99% of the time they were better. By teaching the kids meditation they had an early sense of their spiritual essence and were driven to explore and question the many belief systems out there. Often I caught them in their teenage years explaining meditation to their friends. They all three told me later how meditation helped them get through the trials of their teens.


My meditation practice has transformed my life over and over again. It has helped me go from a person with a complete lack of confidence to feeling courageous and sound in almost all life circumstances.


I have moved from being invisible to visible. Yet I can still be a ‘ninja’ if stealth is needed. I share a deep connection with people from all over the US and other countries. I truly like myself and have faith and the power to change what is no longer working for me. I feel safe. I can go with the flow.


My meditation practice gives me structure and personal strength to my days. There is a noticeable difference between the days I meditate first and the ones where I just run out the door.


I encourage you to join me in my Sum Faht meditation classes (see calendar) or to dust off your own practice. “You gotta do it to know it.” Meditation is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment