All In A Week

Have you ever had those moments of, "Where did the time go?" Last week seemed to fly by so quickly I thought I had better take a moment and be grateful for all the things I did and not put myself down for the things not done.

I hand-addressed and sent out 70 thank you cards to the last half of March's new Water Star Motors customers. I also sent a couple of birthday and congratulation wishes. I most likely responded to 200 emails and several face book posts.


I accidentally double booked myself on Sunday with a wood carving class at Cabrillo (taught by Ron Cook) and a fundraising event at SCO. So I got started on my project, apologized to the teacher and headed to Market Street to finalize my Monkey Business themed table for 8 called  and to prepare to be a fashion model as part of the Tea's entertainment. I modeled two lovely outfits from the Daisy store. After the Tea I took my table down and put everything in my dishwasher at home. Then I joined Henry for a yummy wine tasting dinner at a friends house.

Monday I taught a Meditation from the Heart class, wrote two blogs - Reflections of a meditation retreat and Life's Seven Challenges. Downloaded photos from my camera and got frustrated with how to work with the windows 8 program on my newish laptop...argh! I practiced my singing lessons and had a nice 20 minute walk to my voice teacher's house. We revamped the entire choreography to Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend. Yep, another 20 minute walk back home after toasting (apple cider) with some of  the Stagebridge leadership team. Date night.

First thing Tuesday morning at Water Star Motors I had to update the security systems on all of our computers and help fix one of our email systems. I got caught up on some of my paperwork and then went to get a relaxing facial from Santa Cruz Skin Solutions.
After a quick bite I had a three hour rehearsal for Stagebridge's Hat's Off II at my house. Then I created and ordered up 300 more thank you notes for WSM.

Wednesday: I did my Directorship duty at the SC Women's Leads Club. Worked at WSM. Got my hair freshly colored and cut by Gloria Riola, wrote out a mudra meditation guide for my students and put a couple of hours in on my wood carving project.

Thursday: My employees are happy that I did their payroll for the week. Bank and credit card reconciliations, various reports, mail, etc. Then I took my first ever Tap class. Yes, time to 'shuffle off to buffalo'. My Follies colleagues are dreaming of me being in tap numbers in their various shows hosted by SCO (Santa Cruz Opportunities). I practiced my singing lessons. I worked on my wood carving for about an hour before teaching my evening meditation class. Henry took our son, Dan, with him to the Warrior's playoff game. During which they got to see our grandson play and our grand daughter win the 'Slam dunk' game. (Go Victoria!)
Warrior's Playoff Game

Friday: Worked for a while. Took my 1st of 6 1.5hr Musical Theatre class on Solo Expression by Kathryn Adkins through Stagebridge (more songs to learn) and my 1st of 6 Dance classes taught by Sharon Took-Zozaya. She has us learning some great choreography. Yep, a little sore and stiff.


Saturday: Started in the hot tub. Got the laundry going. Did some shopping for food and other items at the music store. Picked up a wine club shipment from Storrs. Gardened. Participated in a mini-training on web presence for My Leads Club (Thanks Kayla!). Prepared our home for tomorrow's visit of one of my sisters, Amy. And I wrote this blog.

Meanwhile, there was all of the regular stuff that goes into my daily routine. Like 8 hours of sleep, at least 3 meals a day (including artichokes and lemons from the garden), meditation,  playing with the cats, occasional power naps, moving thousands of dollars out into the universe, reminding my husband of things he may have forgotten, watching some TV, reading and playing internet games, as well as a surprise visit from our middle son, Andy.

Wow! I am grateful for my life, health, businesses, loved ones and me! I hope you are having a terrific week too!

1 comment: